Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tech Tuesday-Brain Breaks

YouTube is still one of my favorite tech tools. Just about anything you want to learn is there..and some things you don't....I love the brain breaks I've found.  I always have something ready.  One of my boards on Pinterest is specifically named Brain Breaks.  There are some pinned there that aren't videos at all.

Mostly what I've experienced is that it's nice to have the breaks set in one place for those times you need swift transitions or for those times when there's a lull or your kids need a pick me up.  Some of our class favorites are just about any  Energizer from Responsive Classroom like Go Bananas, Shark Attack, and What Would You Do If a Robot Came to Tea. These videos don't have ads. The Learning station has some great Brain Breaks too.  These videos come with caution.  You have to set them up ahead of time and go through the ads before the kids  watch them because often the ads aren't appropriate for kids.  The ads are brief, and you can skip them after a few seconds. 

One of the Learning Station  class favorites is Wishy Washer Woman.  It is a little long, but I break it up in two parts because they love the silliness activities at the end.

A final sharing of a favorite group is Dinostaur Stomp, which is very rhythmic and fun and does a lot of cross body motions (perfect to do before reading.)  Again, as with all videos, please make sure you pre-watch all videos to make sure YOU approve of what your kids are watching.  It may you just don't like the loudness of some of these.

I'm ALWAYS looking for cool new Brain Breaks.  If you have a few favorites, you should leave them here for me.  I can't wait to see what you leave me!

Have a fabulous rest of the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment