Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oh the things Pictues Can Do! Low Tech for Technology Tuesday

Hmmm...funny this post has had some "technical" difficulty... made me laugh since this week's post is more low tech...

In the past few years, I've used a lot of pictures in my classroom, mostly to label work and make class books.  But last year, I began using them for lists; and this year, I pinned some things on Pinterest  from Chartchums about using pictures for anchor charts.  Wow!  How that little added piece of personalizing a chart creates more engagement for the kiddos.  I'm sure I haven't even
touched the surface of what I can do with such charts.  I might not even be able to keep up with my ideas for them!

My favorite part about the Chartchums' poster was how the kids used sticky notes for parts
they were currently using.  This is a  quick visual for the teacher and a token of accountability for the student.  Can't wait to use it for my Writing Workshop charts this week!


This week I used pictures to show what Reading Workshop looks like.  I went around the room taking pictures of kiddos completing the Daily 5 T-chart rules:  remaining in one place,  quietly,  reading the whole time, keeping our feet and hands to self, and our class agreement to stay away from our friends (since we are a bit chatty around them.)   This is an awesome management tool as well because they all want to be "caught" on camera!  I tell them it's documentation for their parents that they're working hard and doing a fabulous job!

I will repost pictures later as I'm still having technical difficulties.

Have a happy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment