Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Re-Drop for Tech Tuesday - More uses for your Dropbox!


Dropbox has become a valuable tool for me. A few weeks ago, I posted about my basic use of Dropbox.  Check here. It allows me to work on lesson plans at home or school. The best part for me is as I monitor and adjust my week, I have an automatic update for next year.  If something doesn't work, I can make changes then and there, add notes of what works and what doesn't work and  add resources.  Take away is easy too!

However, here is a discovery that I came across the last couple of weeks, it's awesome to do "shared" folders with your parents!  Each year I feel guilty for all the pictures I take that parents don't have access to because of how time consuming it is to make copies for everyone.  Now, as I take pictures, I can put them on a disk and add it to the shared folder when I have time.  Parents can grab whichever pictures they like.  This folder is only accessible to emails I put in for parents of the current year. If a parent doesn't want a photo of their child posted, I don't put it in the shared folder.  Parents have been quite happy about it.  For now, it's not a problem. 

The shared folder is also great for those homework assignments that sometimes don't make it home, making it easy for parents to snag it and print it at home.

Do you use Dropbox?  If so, how do you use it?  Let me know.

For now,
enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment