Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Technology Tuesday presents DROPBOX !



I love genius!   Really, Dropbox has been around for awhile; however, I had tunnel vision on it's uses, thinking it was mostly a way for businesses to share on the "cloud."  Lately, I've been more appreciative of it's benefits to an ordinary human like me! AND, it just might be what you're looking for you too!   My problem was not remembering to bring a flashdrive back and forth to work or worried I would lose the flashdrive, when I needed these precious files (like lesson plans and activities)  in both places.  So for over a year, I would email files back and forth to myself.  This caused a bigger problem, cluttering my email!  I was frustrated, and I knew that my school district just wasn't yet able to assist me with this.

So, when I "restumbled" on Dropbox on my phone, I was elated!   Honestly,
I wasn't sure what took me so long to recognize this incredible tool for it's personal uses.   I'm glad I figured out how it would work for me!   The best part?  You don't have to download software (but sometimes it enables you to do more.) You can share photos and videos AND do it all in the popular social mediums like Twitter and Facebook.  You can automatically upload photographs or videos from camera, tablet, SD card, or smartphone, and you are given 3G.  For small users like me, this is enough storage and assists me with what I need it fore.  But imagine, as I get more into this, and begin sharing photos and video, I just might want to purchase me some bigger storage space.  Who knows?

In addition, I can think of a variety of uses for professional development for those documents that we teachers are constantly working on as teams like math units and lesson plans and other shared documents!   I imagine it's like all the other great technology out there...just waiting for people to take advantage of it.

For now, I'm a happy camper...
Happy technology Tuesday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment