Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tech Tuesday - Color Design Tool for Designing Class Space (web pages too!)

Happy Tech Tuesday all!  You're going to love this new tool  It goes hand in hand with Debbie Diller's Spaces and Places post that I wrote earlier about intentionally designing your classroom.

In the book, Debbie suggests that you choose two, at the most, three colors for your classroom so that your room is not only aesthetically pleasing, but comfortable and flowing.  Sometimes choosing just the right colors that are complementary can be a tedious process. 

Well, those wonderful engineers in our world have come up with a tool called:  Color Scheme Designer.  If you like just playing around with color, you can go straight to the web-site and start finding complementary colors.    Just click on the words highlighted above.

However, if you want to be even more intentional, there's a Youtube video that not only helps you understand how to use the tool, but gives you another tool, Color Pick, that allows you to pick an even more specific color  for your color palette and complementary palette.  I'm so excited to try it out.  Thank you to my colleague Kerry for helping us enjoy yet another great tool.

Here's a sneak peak of the palette I am choosing for my room this year: 

                                 http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3md1TsPQSw0w0

                                                       What do you think?

As always, do you have a special app you've found lately that you'd like to share?  Can't wait to hear about it!  If you've found it, and would like me to share with my audience, let me know.  I'm happy to do it.

Until next time, happy tool day!


No comments:

Post a Comment