Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Remind 101 for Tech Tuesday

It's Tech Tuesday and time for another wonderful tech tip.  This week we start school, and I found the most awesome tool,  that makes sending and receiving messages quick and safe.  Remind101 -  There is a great youtube video that explains the purpose of this wonderful app.

For the last nine years or so, I've sent email reminders for upcoming events or projects or any communication I needed to send out massively.  It was my attempt to save on paper and to efficiently send out a note to all my parents and also making sure that notes got home for those little cherubs that had difficulty getting them home.  Until the last 4 years or so, this wasn't a tool I could use for the majority of my class.  With the explosion of cell phones and more and more people with access to cell phones versus a home phone, this app is helpful to send out those very quick reminders and there's no exchange of personal information.  The phone numbers are private for all parties.

On parent night, each of my parents will receive a notice of how to sign up for this service.  It's so simple!  Parents text in a special code and it goes directly to the teacher to know they've signed up, and they're set up in the class. 

What are  your apps for the week?  Have you tried this app?  If so, in what ways has it worked for you?  I'm hoping to return to this post later and let you know some tips and tricks that might work better for you.

Enjoy!   Happy apping!

No comments:

Post a Comment